Friday, October 23, 2015

Pop Art Frankenstein Nail Art

Hey everyone!
Today I have another Halloween design for you, this one inspired by Alex Faction's Pop Art Frankenstein tutorial.
For those of you who may not know him, he is an extremely talented make up artist, he uploads amazing make up and body painting tutorials on Youtube. He's doing 31 Days of Halloween during October on his channel, so when I saw this look I immediately wanted to do it on my nails. Anything cartoonish has a place in my heart. And is it just me, or do those teeth look like the evil minion teeth? LUUUV IT!!

Let's get to it!


For this look, I started off with a black nail polish as my base color and used acrylic paint for the design.
I painted Frankenstein first and to fill in the rest of the nails I decided to use some elements from the body painting than go on painting random Halloween stuff. And since it is a pop art design, what better than the pink tears and broken heart, for that pop of color that we need! For the finishing details I used white paint to do some stitches and outline the tears and heart for the cartoonish effect.
That's pretty much it..

I hope you like it! :)





Polishes used:

Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat
Orly - Liquid Vinyl
Orly Sec 'N Dry Quick-Dry Topcoat

No comments:

Post a Comment