Friday, February 20, 2015

OPI My Dogsled Is A Hybrid Swatch

Whoever follows me on instagram has probably seen how naughty I was during my last visit at Sephora about 2 months ago. I bought the mini Nordic Collection from OPI which contains 4 polishes: "My Dogsled is a Hybrid", "Do You Have this Color in Stock-holm?", "My Voice is a Little Norse" and "How Great is Your Dane?". I also got "Skating on Thin Ice-Land" in full size, which is from the same collection as well and last but not least a duo from the Coca-Cola Collection, "Coca-Cola Red" and "Turn on the Haute Light", both in full size. So, as you've probably figured already, I kinda went OPI crazy!

Since I bought all of these babies I hadn't had the chance to try them out, so I definitely want to show you swatches of the colors and I thought I'd start with "My Dogsled is a Hybrid" from the mini collection. This polish is a creamy sea green according to OPI and I couldn't agree more with the description because it is more on the green side rather than on the mint, as I imagined it would be in the beginning. The formula is great and it applies beautifully in two coats, although if you 're careful enough it could be a one-coater. But remember it's always better to apply two thin coats of polish rather than one thick one. ;)

I really love this polish and have nothing bad to say about it. Or maybe just one little thing, which isn't really about the polish itself but about its size..I've never owned a mini polish in my life and it was a pain trying to take a decent picture without my hand pose looking all weird with that tiny bottle. I know, I know..I have serious problems! LOL.

So tell me, what do you think of it?





Polishes used:

OPI Nail Envy Maintenance Nail Strengthener
OPI - My Dogsled Is A Hybrid
Orly Sec 'N Dry Quick-Dry Topcoat

2 comments:

  1. your photos and writing are so lovely, I've been wanting this colour since it came out but haven't made the effort to track it down yet, I think your post has pushed me to do just that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! You should probably do that! If you like greens and mints in general I'm sure you will love it! It's not too bright, not too dull..I think it's great for all year round.. :)

      Delete