Thursday, October 2, 2014

Peace & Love & OPI Swatch

 Recently, I was going through the sales counter at Sephora and I found OPI's "Peace & Love & OPI" and "Muir Muir on the Wall" polishes from the San Francisco Collection for Fall/Winter 2013. Truth be told, when the collection was originally released I wasn't really into duo/multichromes at all. But now...I don't know what got into me!
I don't know if it was Fall, that was just around the corner, the way that the colors were glowing through the bottle, the price...Or even all the above...I just had to have them!

I thought I'd start with a swatch of "Peace & Love & OPI" and in another post I'll show you "Muir Muir on the Wall". Now, I know I'm pretty late on doing this swatch and that there are already plenty of swatches out there...But I just loved the way it looked and I really wanted to share it with you.

While I was taking pictures of the polish, I felt like I was playing a guessing game. Trying to guess exactly what color it is. And believe me, that was tricky! So to me, "Peace & Love & OPI" is a beautiful metallic grey based polish that goes from blue, to purple, to green depending on the lighting. Others say that it shifts between blue and purple, green and purple, or even teal and mauve. Maybe that's a better way to describe it, I don't know. I'll leave it up to you, to decide...

As for the formula, I was expecting it to be pretty sheer. But it's not! It has full coverage with two coats. And although the brush strokes are quite noticeable, with a top coat everything evens out.

Finally, I believe there are a couple of dupes for this, such as "For the Twill of It" by Essie and "Chic Reloaded" by Essence. I can't say that for sure because I do not own them, but they look almost identical to me, at least from the swatches I've seen.





Polishes used:

OPI - Nail Envy Maintenance Nail Strengthener
OPI - Peace & Love & OPI
Essence - Better Than Gel Nails Top Coat


No comments:

Post a Comment