Friday, October 24, 2014

The Nightmare Before Christmas!

With Halloween just around the corner, the only appropriate thing would be to show you a Halloween inspired nail art design. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Halloween maybe because in Greece we don't celebrate it. But The Nightmare Before Christmas was one of my favourite movies growing up as a child and I thought I'd give it a try.

I don't really have much to say about this design. I used a black and grey polish as a base for all my nails, a glitter top coat for my thumb and I topped them all with a fast drying top coat. Then I used acrylic paint that I got from the craft store, to paint all the characters and sealed it with fast drying top coat again.

This was the first time I've ever done nail art with acrylic paint and I found it a bit difficult to manage. It did't come out as smooth as I would like it to be. I don't know if the paint I used wasn't so good, if I did something wrong while using the paint, or if that's just how acrylic paint comes out on the nails. I would like to see if any of you have tried acrylic paint for nail art, and if you have any good tips. :)

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the final look of this design. I'll definitely try more nail art with acrylic paint and I hope that I can do another Halloween design before it's too late.





Polishes used:

Beauty Secrets Base Coat
Essence - Black is Back
Essence Glitter Topper - Black Dress and White Tie
Seventeen - 270
Rush 60 Second High Speed Top Coat

No comments:

Post a Comment