Saturday, December 27, 2014

Have A Grungy New Year!

Here we are several days past Christmas and New Year's Eve is just around the corner!! I hope you are all having a great time with your loved ones during these special days and that 2015 will be good to us and let all our wishes and dreams come true!!

I wanted to create something appropriate for New Year's Eve, something shiny, eye catching but easy at the same time. I don't know about you, but I don't like spending too much time during the holidays for my nails. I'd rather spend that extra time with friends and family. And if you like a rock and grungy twist to things like I do, I think you'll love this!

This is a technique I first saw on Chalkboard Nails, she has a great tutorial on how to achieve this distressed look and also on The Nailasaurus, but I believe it can be found on many blogs. So I thought I'd give it a try myself and see what happens!

I was inspired by my favourite colors of  fireworks, so I decided to go metallic. I used a silver polish as a base on all my nails and then a purple, a"mermaid" blue and black for the distressed effect. All you need to do is wipe the polish off the brush very well and then apply in random spots on your nails! That's really it!

I love this look because it's simple yet very unique and you don't have to worry about all nails looking alike! Tell me what you think. Have you ever tried this technique?






Polishes used:

Essence Studio Nails XXL Nail Thickener
H&M - Silver
OPI - Tomorrow Never Dies
Korres - Paradise Green
Essence - Black is Back
Orly Sec 'N Dry Quick-Dry Topcoat

No comments:

Post a Comment