Monday, December 1, 2014

World AIDS Day Nail Art

Finally December is here, the month that most of us were waiting for!! Christmas is only 24 days away and I'm sure all of you are already getting in the right mood and can't wait to start decorating (If you haven't already decorated of course.). I hope that this month will be very special and unique for all of us, full of health, joy, love and creativity! And before the Christmas nail art craziness begins I would like to do just one more post for a very important day...

December 1st is World AIDS day. AIDS stands for Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome and is the final stage of HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus). It can be transmitted by sexual contact, injection drug use, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, occupational exposure and rarely by blood transfusion/organ transplant according to aids.gov. It is very important for all of us to spread awareness, to know how HIV/AIDS is transmitted, what the signs and symptoms are and how to prevent it. So, take some time to read and learn about it. After all it's for our own good and health.

I wanted to keep things very simple for this design. As you can see, I painted all my nails red except my ring finger which I painted white. I painted two red ribbons on it and used red hexagon glitter to decorate around the nail. As for the rest of the nails, I used silver hexagon glitter to make little triangles on top of them. The glitter I used was from a local toy store and I found it in the crafts section. You can also find it on ebay and bornprettystore.

P.S.: I'll be posting Christmas inspired nail art designs the following days, so keep your eyes open. I'll try to post as many of them as possible. :)






Polishes used:

Essence Studio Nails XXL Nail Thickener
Essie - Lolipop
Orly - White Tips
Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Coat

No comments:

Post a Comment