Friday, December 19, 2014

Snowflake Half Moons

It's the most wonderful time of the year they say...There's music, christmas decorations, lights and glitter everywhere! In some places it's even snowing! And since we don't see snow that often here in Athens, I decided to make my own snow, on my nails! I love snowflake designs, I don't know what exactly it is about them that makes them look so special to me. I just find them very intricate and delicate at the same time, if it makes any sense. 

I think there are several colors that are associated with Christmas such as red, green, blue, white, gold and silver, at least for most of us. But for me, a rich purple also does the trick! That is why I chose a dark metallic purple, that almost looks black, as a base color and used silver to make the snowflake half moon design. I was actually debating between white and silver for the snowflakes, but I felt that white would look too flat and thought it would be more appropriate to stick with the metallic texture of the base. So we have a winner..Silver it is!!!

And just to switch things up a bit and make it more interesting, I used a silver base on my ring finger and decorated it on the side with black iridescent rhinestones (ebay). I think the rhinestones add some bling to the whole look without making it too much to wear and they definitely give some depth and texture to it as well.

All in all, I'm very pleased with how this turned out. I think this is an easy and quick design that looks very elegant and feminine. I hope you like it and give it a try. :)






Polishes used:

Orly Bonder Basecoat
Seventeen - 493
H&M - Silver
Orly Sec 'N Dry Quick Dry Topcoat

2 comments: